Are you getting enough sleep?
Most people overlook the power of getting a good night’s rest when it comes to their health and fitness goals. In fact, sleep plays a more important role when it comes to your weight and overall wellness than most people think.
From increasing your risk of heart disease to a greater likelihood of experiencing depression, lack of sleep—as well as poor-quality sleep—can wreak havoc in every part of your life.
Today, we dive deep into these negative effects and the benefits of getting the right amount of high-quality sleep.
We also share our top five tips for getting better sleep starting tonight!
In this episode, we talk about…
- [01:36] Are you getting enough sleep?
- [02:26] How poor sleep negatively affects our mind and body.
- [03:04] Why lack of sleep can lead to weight gain and hormonal imbalance.
- [04:20] How sleep affects our body’s response to insulin.
- [05:20] The connection between sleep and your immune system.
- [05:47] How sleep leads to more muscle gained (and maintained) from workouts.
- [06:47] The mental benefits of sleep.
- [07:07] Tip #1: Get more exercise during the day.
- [07:55] Tip #2: Avoid stimulants too close to bedtime.
- [09:20] Tip #3: Establish an evening routine.
- [10:47] Tip #4: Avoid bright lights.
- [12:04] Tip #5: Keep your sleep environment cool.
- [12:36] A recap of the five tips.
Join our private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/www.thefitnessnutritionistscorner/
Check us out on Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/the.fitness.nutritionists/